Part travel guide, part memoir, Shakotan Blue follows American Lucas Kelleher as he tries to assimilate into the community of Shakotan, a sleepy fishing village situated on a remote peninsula in Hokkaido, Japan. Sharing innumerable cultural insights along way, Lucas demystifies Japan by explaining the traditions and customs most commonly misinterpreted in the west.
Injected with humor and wit throughout, Shakotan Blue is as entertaining as it is educational. Join Lucas as he dances Yosakoi, pounds mochi, and even runs through ritual bonfires in his relentless pursuit of the authentic Japanese experience.
It's all quiet on the event front. A little too quiet...
Lunch 'N Learn presentation at Moz - Apr 6, 2017
Seattle Cherry Blossom & Japanese Cultural Festival - Apr 23 & 24, 2016
The Festival hosted two Shakotan Blue presentations, book featured at gift shop.
Third Place Books - Mar 26, 2016
Third Place Books hosted a Shakotan Blue event at their flagship store in Lake Forest Park: presentation, Q&A, and signing.
Fort Dodge Book Tour - December 2015 in Fort Dodge, Iowa
The Kellehers' hometown got a whirlwind book tour, just in time for Christmas 2015!
- Dec 16th, 2015 book signing at Mary Kay's Gifts & Home Decor, Fort Dodge, IA
- Dec 17th, 2015 lecture at the Blanden Art Museum, Fort Dodge, IA
- Dec 18th, 2015 book signing at Central Perk & Dessert, Fort Dodge, IA
- Dec 19th, 2015 book signing at Fort Dodge Hy-Vee, Fort Dodge, IA
- Dec 20th, 2015 book signing at Book World in Crossroads Mall, Fort Dodge, IA